Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Gratitude 11

I am really grateful that I grew up and moved out of my parent's house.  Life got a lot better after that.  A short stint and the wrong university turned into a detour to the right one.  Like an ex boyfriend's roommate once told me...no one can EVER take your degree away from you.  I am proud of going out and knowing that I needed to do that, despite my dad scheduling me an interview with a flight attendant school among other barriers way back when.
I may have made a ton of mistakes in my life for various reasons, including not following my instincts, but moving on despite obstacles turned out to be something I could really own.  I am grateful that I can recapture that determined spirit and trust me, I will.  I need to stop analysis paralysis and just go.  I also need to put my character trait that was once described at "perceptive to a fault" to good use, or stop caring about out of control issues outside my world.  I will embrace opportunity bravely, like I used to.

No comments:

Post a Comment