Monday, February 3, 2014

Gratitude #7

I am grateful that my kids have multiple interests and pursue them with vigor.  5th Grade girls basketball is scary aggressive to me.  In an already competitive environment of parochial school parents (and non parochials sometimes) trying to set their 11 year old up for a future NCAA scholarship, I see my Natalie rising above and just playing ball, fast breaking, rebounding and even scoring 6 of the 11 points at the final buzzer yesterday.  She collided with two opponents, fell and was on the verge, but she got right back up and even proceeded to get the rebound.  Seeing them grow is amazing at times.  And, my Charlotte...gets right in the middle of the soccer pack and kicks that ball hard and fearlessly.  And she watches her form and placement in every gymnastics move.


Seeing them grow and watching their interests grow is amazing and bittersweet.  I sometimes wish I could provide Charlotte with that baby sibling she wants so badly, just to do it again and watch these sweet years unfold.

No comments:

Post a Comment