Thursday, January 23, 2014

Gratitude #5

See, this is exactly the point of this exercise...when I'm down and tired of fighting against being misunderstood, or wondering why people think it's ok to be so cruel while identifying as enlightened and kind or spiritual and led by grace, or witnessing the shockingly mean way people act in a Catholic school environment with the mission statement "living in faith, growing in character, loving each other."  It's time to pull out some gratitude.


I am so, so grateful for the sun today.  It's January and we're in the midst of the winter doldrums.  Even if there are sub zero temps out there, the gorgeous sun is shinning and is an awesome contrast to the grey days of winter.  I love warmth.  I love the sun.  I feel a little bad that both Natalie and Charlotte know more about the solar system than I do, though.  But, yet, grateful that they have such a great thirst for knowledge.


I also love the statement I read recently, "fire the judge and hire the witness."  Words to live by and meditate on.

No comments:

Post a Comment