Thursday, April 12, 2012

In your own words

You always talked, are always animated & social.  You are a voracious reader and above average at Math too.  You are so smart.

I don't know if it's the school, the parocial school, and all that comes with that.  Or the early competitive behavior of your class.  I don't know if it's merely just a "speech language issue." 

For the past year, you have worked with a SLP on articulation (outside the school district, of course, because despite a second grade diagnosis of "tongue thrust", no services could be provided in the schools.)  The constant observing and judging of your articulation may have created the stalling and stuttering and lack of confidence in your speaking.   I think you have conquered the articulation but the confidence in speaking is not there. I don't know if your teacher is making you her project because friends and family do not notice the speech issues. We meet with her on Monday.

All I know is that I love you and will take any road required to ensure a life of confidence and happiness.  You are not definable, you are too multi-faceted.  On the bubble with speech services, looking for meaningful friendshps with nice kids, just wanting to be YOU; we will get there kiddo.  I am your biggest advocate and fan and I will make sure of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment