Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Confession

If the girls didn't love Alex the cat so much, I would have shuttled him down to the willing and able cat lady neighbor shortly after we found him at the shelter.  She loves black cats and, given my indifference and sometimes concern, she was willing to help us out. 

Alex is a fine kitty.  He is going to have a playdate with his cousin Shya, the dog, next weekend.  The last time they played, they got along so incredibly well...blew all the dog/cat stereotypes out of the water.  I am in email correspondence with my SIL re: our family gathering with animals included and she tells me that on their first and only cat-dog playdate, Charlotte pleaded with them,
“make sure he doesn’t hurt him because he is really special to me.”

Yeah, he's a keeper.  He has the advocacy of the heartstring tuggers in our home to thank.  I'm still more of a dog person.

No comments:

Post a Comment