Thursday, November 4, 2010

Back from San Diego

And, despite the 80 degree temps, I think I brought a cold back with me.

This outing was especially hard on N.  She missed her mama more than I missed her, which is a milestone.  Usually we are able to keep her entertained just enough so she doesn't care.  She was sad on phone calls.  At one point, we discussed how it's ok to be sad, but is it really worth the energy to cry so much and sob.  I was coming back the next day.

I know there are a lot, A LOT of emotional highs and lows with girls and I hope I help mine through it with as much useful knowledge as possible.  I always think I was socialized like a boy, growing up with two brothers before and after me, and then a sister eight years later.  Birth order?  I am more direct but I am also extremely senstive, like my Natalie.  I'm not sure it is helpful to send her to a Catholic school but that's an issue for another day.

Charlotte was sweet and got on the phone quickly to say, "I yuve you Mama," and that was about it.  I found them some sun gear from Del Sol...rings and hair clilps that change colors in the sunlight...so cool.  So cool that I stashed the first "mommy goes on a business trip" gifts I got them for Christmas in favor of the sunny San Diego memorabila. 

I also went for the first time to Cornado Island.  Saw the Hotel Coranado, watched the sunset from the deck of the HC, and just soaked in the beauty of that little corner of the country.  San Diego, so lovely. 

But, now I am sick and need to start popping airborne.

No comments:

Post a Comment