Friday, June 13, 2014

8 is great!

My baby turned eight on Monday.  I had to travel this week (am in MA right now) but I was fortunate enough to be home on Monday and Tuesday and spent the days with the girls.


Charlotte is really an amazing kid.  I have learned so much from her.  I have learned to forgive and let things go when I instinctually would just go in with my assumptions and question people and things.  She rolls with things and sticks up for herself as well.  She is growing in confidence and is smart.  She overcame some reading delays in first grade and did a stellar job in second grade.  She is a growing reader and was so pleased with herself upon getting 100s on most of her spelling tests.  She would love to have a little sibling and dotes on her little cousins.  She is so kind.


She is fearless on the soccer field.  She works hard at gymnastics.  She loves her sister and gets sad when she's sad.  She has a lot of empathy, like when a classmate broke her leg two weeks ago...she wanted to see her and help and just be there. 


I am so incredibly blessed to have a daughter like her.   She is truly one of a kind.  My love for her and her sister is fierce.  I hpe to raiser her to be happy, healthy, whole and to always be true to herself.  I love her amazing spirit.

No comments:

Post a Comment