Thursday, March 29, 2012

Kindergarteners and Paris

A couple week's ago, I got to go to Charlotte's class and share some photos and anecdotes from Paris.  They were in the middle of their France unit.  I showed photos of Notre Dame & the Sacre Coure, the ole Eiffle, some mounted police officers and a police car that seemed 180 degrees from a standard issue Crown Victoria.  I also got to use Ms. S' SMART BOARD for my presentation, which made me want an Ipad even more.

They asked questions like, how many photos did you take?  Do all police ride horses? Is that a castle too? I showed them some of the few trinkets I had, Eiffle Tower keychain that I got for free, Charlotte's Eiffle tower Christmas Tree decoration, a Euro (a coin, not a bill) and a $2 Euro just to add some more material. 

They were the sweetest, cutest audience to which I'd ever presented.  Daniel was very forgiving of me when I called him Nicholas too.  Charlotte was very happy to have me here...she requested I do it when she heard about the France unit last October.  The camradiery in her class is AMAZING, especially when compared to Natalies...they all go to each other's bday parties, regardless of gender.

I cannot believe they will be doing assessments for the new Kindergarteners in a few weeks.  I think I will miss it more than Charlottte.

No comments:

Post a Comment