Thursday, June 23, 2011

Stream of Consciousness

I miss Charlotte and Natalie when I travel for work.  I have spent 8 years feeling guilty with every trip, which is totally irrational.  Charlotte cried when I dropped her off at summer camp because she knew I was heading to the airport.  But, when I talked to her today she couldn't have been more cheery and happy. To say that we're a working family repeatedly but not live it is just, no way to live.  They are fine...daddy gave them the day off summer camp, spoiling them...he'll be a good Grandpop if he is ever so blessed.  They are happy and good and smart and kind.  I just love them so fiercely. 

Charlotte is a dancer.  She likes to boogie and maybe we'll revisit dance again.  She is also taking some karate classes through summer camp and seems to take a shine to that too.   Hmm.  I will talk to her when she is a, OMG, Kindergartener and see what she thinks.

Piano!  Want to introduce piano into Natalie's life if she's into an hour of practice every night.  We'll see.

Nanny?  For next year on Tues and Thurs after school?  Or will Lance adjust his schedule to accommodate those pick ups?  Need to figure that out.

I feel burdened by a lack of continuity and normalcy with my girls' grandparents.  I just wish they would have peace, and a little more sanity, maybe?  It is just so cliche to complain about parents and in laws. So juvenile.  I need to bring closure to that clutter in my head and move it along.  Who has time?  The biggest help I could give myself (and therefore others) is to face the reality, there is going to be no change on the grandparent's front.   I need to break the mind cycle. 

Love and light is what I will spread.  In order to do that, I need to keep a regular work out schedule.  It is my goal to use the hotel gym here in Boulder every day while I'm here, since, um, there is nothing else to do but work and eat.  Oh, I did do some shopping too...the Talbots down the street is closing so I got some conference clothes on the cheap!  Woo!

Goodnight from far away, my babies.  Mama loves.

No comments:

Post a Comment